Sunday, July 6, 2008

California Trip - Day 5-8

Thursday we went to a water park then drove down to Escondido to stay with Ben's uncle. Friday we went to Seaworld which was pretty much what I remembered from last time we were there 7 years ago. We actually got to sleep in on Saturday and just went to a wildlife park a few minutes from where we were and spent a few hours there. It was miserably hot again and there was tons of walking. I was so worn out from all the activity and heat that I literally melted down. I was so glad to get back to the house where we had a BBQ with Ben's cousins and their kids. Sunday we loaded up and made one last stop at In-n-Out Burgers (YUMMY!) and then drove to the airport in San Diego. When we got to our gate we discovered our flight was overbooked and I persuaded Ben to go for the free tickets and fly home later. (My parents had dropped our car off at the airport earlier in the day so no one was waiting to pick us up.)We spent a few hours in the airport and then got a flight home and 4 free tickets anywhere Alaska flies. Hawaii here we come!!!
So our vacation was a success. Noelle will have memories to last a lifetime. Wyatt may have a few vague memories and Logan will have some pictures to look at. We can't wait to go back in 5 years and do it again!

Here is the album for the rest of the pictures.

1 comment:

rebecca said...

Those were great pictures Melinda! I LOVE the phrase on the back of Randy's shirt:) I wish my dad had a shirt like that:)