So our first day started out waking up at 4 am to catch our 6:50 flight. We dressed the kids in their clothes the night before and carried them out to the car but they inevitably woke up at the airport. Things went very smoothly getting through the airport, on the plane and out of the airport. We rented 2 Toyota Sienna minivans (which I am now in love with by the way) and headed out to our first stop at Knott's Berry Farm.
It was hot hot hot!!! After leaving our lame weather around here lately, 93 degrees was a bit of an adjustment. We were hot, tired and overwhelmed at the park for a while and once we got the lay of the land we were just hot and tired. There were lots of rides for the kids and they had a great time. Wyatt and Noelle loved all the rides, especially the car ones. I had to go on most of the rides with Wyatt and it was really fun to see him get all excited and do his cackle laugh of glee.
For dinner we ate at the Fried Chicken Restaurant (don't remember the name) which was delicious. Definately a highlight of the day. Mostly because it was somewhat air conditioned and we arrived at our table with large glasses of ice water waiting for us. We downed those in about a minute. We stayed at the park until around 9pm. Then went to our hotel and crashed.
2 comments:
Oh I love Wyatt's cackle laugh of glee! (ya pictures!)
Fun! I was hoping you'd post about your vacation soon, and I'm glad you're doing one day at a time. :)
Noelle and Wyatt are so cute on the rides together. :)
Post a Comment