I was prompted to do this post by my friend Kate and so here it is. I don't usually do these kind of "share about myself" type posts and tell you all my thoughts and feelings. However, I love the fact that other people do, I am just not very good at putting my thoughts and feelings into coherent sentences. But here it goes.
#1 - Shopping - I love to shop! And luckily for my husband, I love to window shop. Although the fact that I don't buy things has more to do with my inability to make a decision than the money. I could stroll up and down all the aisles of every store I go into. I do not get to do this very often since my children are usually with me. They of course, minimize the shopping fun. And since I love shopping so much, I frequently push my luck too far and try to go down just one more aisle when I should have been heading home for a nap, or lunch or the bathroom. It is almost like I am physically unable to not look at one more thing. I was recently shopping with my MIL who is a get in, get what you need and get out kind of shopper, and I think she was silently cursing me as we walked down yet another aisle where there was nothing we needed.
#2 - Sleeping - I love going to sleep. Snuggling down in the covers, thinking about the wonderful dreams to come, giving a big sigh and sinking down further into the pillow. As with my previous love, children have greatly diminished my enjoyment of this pasttime. My husband is very gracious and usually lets me sleep in on the weekends as long as I don't have to nurse a baby. Another aspect of sleeping I love is camping naps. Taking a nap in a warm tent is heaven. And just a little tidbit, my best nap ever was on the floor of Jim Laxson's (my youth pastor) old maroon suburban type vehicle on the way home from Waterski Camp in highschool. I think the floor was just metal and I was really warm and lulled to sleep by the vibrations and the smell of gasoline. I know it doesn't sound glamorous but I woke up from that nap thinking, "That was the best nap I ever had."
#3 - Candy/Chocolate/Desserts - Love 'em! I can never have too much. I have heard people say "No thanks, I had a candy bar earlier this week so I think I will pass." !!!!! If I haven't had something sweet in the last hour I am up for some more! One of my childhood fantasies was to be an adult and able to buy candy at any point in time. Luckily Ben does not really like desserts or I would be baking stuff all the time.
#4 - Pictures - I really enjoy photography and taking pictures but mostly I like looking at them. When I was younger I would look through my yearbooks several times until I knew the names of almost everyone at my school. I love People magazine not for the Hollywood gossip (although it is entertaining) but to look at all the pictures. I always watch America's next top Model because I enjoy seeing how the models are transformed into these amazing pictures. My taste in art is always more toward the realistic side and I love black and white pictures.
#5 - Reading - Every since I was young I loved to read. I read every Sweet Valley High and Babysitter's Club book out there. I am a really fast reader and have been know to read a book in a day. I have read so many books that I often check out the same book twice at the library because they changed the cover design or I just plain forgot I read it. Since I could sit on the couch and read my days away, I try to limit the amount of books I get now. And since I pretty much just read Christian fiction, almost no non-fiction, I can't justify it as a learning experience. (Although I have learned that if you start dating a non-Christian, they will always become one by the end of the book so you can get married.)
#6 - Roller coasters/Amusement park rides - This one is newly discovered when we went to Disneyland and I had the chance to actually go on one.
#7 - Wyatt and his 3 year old verbal skills. I love listening to him talk because is so so gosh darned cute!! He says four like "por" as in "por favor" and off with "ss" instead of "ff". "I turned the light osss." How cute! There are lots more and I need to write them all down before he learns how to speak correctly.
#8 - Logan and the proud look he gets on his face when his pulls himself up on something. Even if I help him, he still lights up when he is standing on his feet.
#9 - Noelle and her exact mimicking of my tone of voice and word choices when she interacts with her brothers. "Oh, Wyatt, did you fall down? Here, let me help you up. There now are you okay?" and other such things. Love it. Although the flip side is hearing the bad things come out just as perfectly mimicked. Also I love that the other day she said to Wyatt when he called her Noelle "I wish you wouldn't call me Noelle, I like Sissy better."
#10 - I love the fact that I am finally done with this list. I already had to save a draft and come back later to work on it a few times. SHeesh!! All this personal blogging just isn't' worth it.
But hope you all enjoyed it.
By the way, for those of you that don't know, Logan and I are driving my sister out to her new job in Chicago this Friday. So send up many prayers for us along the way for safe driving, finding hotels easily, a happy baby (who happens to have a cold right now) and good relationship for the sisters. Five days in a car together could be dangerous!
I'll post pictures of the trip when we get back.
The New & Improved Davis Life
18 years ago
4 comments:
I love it!
I read all the sweet valley high books too.
You are driving to chicago with a newborn?!? You really are a pro mama. That sounds like my worst nightmare. Are you flying back or driving back? I guess I'll find out tomorrow
again, love the list.
Wow! I can't believe how much i just learned about you, and i have known you forever!!! Thanks for stepping out of your comfort zone:)
I loved reading all about Melinda! I vote for more "share about myself" posts. :)
LOVE it. Great job! Well thought out and in spite of what you think, you did a marvelous job putting your thoughts into coherent sentences!!
It's nice to know more about you!
Post a Comment