Sunday, December 14, 2008

Birthday Boy!

Wyatt had a great 4th birthday yesterday. He awoke to streamers hanging in his doorway. He thought this was very fun and it is a tradition we will be continuing with the kids. We did it with Noelle last year and she loved it too. Noelle stayed up until 11:00 pm with me the night before helping set things up for his party the next day. She was very excited to help me hang the streamers and kept repeating emphatically ( and not in a whisper ) how we had to be quiet so Wyatt wouldn't wake up while we were hanging the streamers. She also helped me decorate the cake, wrap presents and clean up the house. It was a fun little mother/daughter time.















Wyatt had a happy face pancake for breakfast on his Happy Birthday plate. Aunt KristaJoy painted a cute birthday plate for each of the kids. This is a tradition we start when the kids turn 3. Before that, I don't trust them not to throw their handmade plate on the floor. Plus they don't need all that chocolate and whipped cream for breakfast.




Wyatt's friends came over and played and then we had "people sandwiches" for lunch. An idea I totally stole from my friend Ginger's blog. She is always doing creative stuff with her kids. Good thing my kids aren't old enough to look at blogs or they would be jealous.

















The kids got to play Hungry Hippo for a little while which is Wyatt's favorite game. We managed not to lose a single ball (a small miracle). I only get this game out occasionally so it was a fun treat.













Wyatt really liked his race car cake and I love it because it is sooooooo easy to make. Crushed Oreos for the road, marshmallows line the edge, Tic Tacs for the road stripes and Lifesavers to line the inside of the track. Green sprinkles make the grass and I am done! He had this cake last year too and I will probably make it for as long as he lets me.




Happy Birthday big four year old!! We are looking forward to another great year with our sweet boy!




Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Happy birthday Wyatt! We're so glad we got to celebrate your big day with you!

melissa said...

So cute! I love reading your blog!