The snowy weather has forced me to give up my plans of last minute shopping and errands and allowed me time to relax and have fun with the kids. Admittedly the first couple days there was a lot of movie watching going on.(we had taped several holiday movies off TV) But when I realized it was going to be sticking around for a while I decided to take advantage of the time and be creative.
First I made chocolate covered pretzels with the leftover pretzels from Wyatt's birthday "people sandwiches". We don't normally eat plain pretzels but I love chocolate covered ones. I had all the ingredients so I went for it. The kids of course wanted to help but as usual in our small kitchen it was much more irritaing than enjoyable. I did most of the pretzels myself but I let the kids decorate their marshmellow toothpicks. I thought I would run out of pretzels and still have chocolate left so I tried to think of something else to dip in the chocolate. I stuck a few mini marshmallows on a toothpick and it worked great. I used leftover cookie crumbs to let the kids decorate them with. They thought it was great but Ben's comment was, "It looks like poop on a stick."
Then I read my friend Jodi's blog and saw her post about making these cute popsicle stick trees. I also had all the necessary supplies on hand for that and so the kids had another fun craft to do.
It was really fun to watch Wyatt do a craft. I am rarely creative with the kids so I don't see him work on projects very often. He was very concentrated and did a great job with the painting. (Better than Noelle actually) I tried to get a picture of him with his tongue sticking out but I kept missing it. Noelle wanted to do a pink tree and I managed to pursuade her to use Mulberry instead of Hot Pink. Noelle glued on her ornaments and Wyatt used foam stickers.

2 comments:
LOL at the poop on a stick comment. :)
Cute kids and cute crafts. I'm glad we weren't the only house that did a lot of movie watching this week. :)
Great job Mel! Man I need to invest in some craft supplies, I can't use the excuse that Nik is too young anymore!
Post a Comment