Here is another craft project we embarked on during this snowy week. I have fun memories of making gingerbread houses when I was little and we have a really cute picture of me and my 2 siblings holding our completed houses so I always make it a point to do these with my kids. I am really into doing things that will become Christmas traditions that the kids will ask to do every year. Noelle is definately at the age where she can remember and look forward to holiday traditions. Since I have had nothing but time lately I have been putting some thought and effort into them. The kids had fun doing this and of course ate a ton of candy. Noelle asked to start eating the candy off her house seconds after it was finished. I said no. I remember sneaking candy off my gingerbread house when my parents weren't looking and when eventually they noticed, it was mostly white frosting left still bearing the imprint of the stolen goods. Luckily Noelle hasn't risen to that level of defiance....yet.Logan kept himself busy by playing with the silverware in the kids drawer while we did our houses. I am trying to decide if I should wash all the dishes he plays with or just shove them back in the drawer. I usually end up putting at least the silverware in the dishwasher and putting the bigger dishes back in the drawer. Hey, I am just building up those immunities, right?

No comments:
Post a Comment