Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Oak Harbor trip


Rebecca's recent blog post reminded me about our trip to Oak Harbor and the pictures I took of Noelle driving her cousin's Jeep. She, of course, was very hesitant and got frustrated quickly when she didn't get the hang of it right away. I kept encouraging her and basically forced her to keep driving around the neighborhood until she got it. She did and had a blast after she got the hang of it. It was a good lesson in perserverance and practice. It is a lesson Noelle is going to need repeated frequently throughout the years as she tends to give up easily.


Her older cousin Davis had a small quad that went much faster than the Jeep and she really enjoyed riding on that with him also.









We had a great weekend hanging out with our family up there. We took a trip to a Fort Casey on the island and had a great time walking around the military batteries dug into the hillside and enjoying the scenary. There were many blue herons, deer, bunnies and other wildlife. I had forgotten my camera and missed out on tons of great pictures. I was very bummed. We also saw some cruise ships going by on the way to dock in Seattle and realized that one of them was the Norwegian Star, the exact ship we took our cruise to Alaska on. We were all very wistful and wishing we were back on that wonderful boat. We have all vowed to take a cruise again sometime, without our children however.


After church we went to Coupeville for pizza and ice cream from a cute boardwalk store. We love visiting Whidbey Island and are so glad we have relatives there to show us around. The scenery is beautiful and there is so much to do. I highly recommend it for vacations.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: